The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)’s 29th Annual World Congress will run from October 21-October 23 2021. It will take place as a hybrid event, with an in-person 3-day meeting in Lisbon, Portugal followed by an online virtual conference in the following weeks. I have covered these ISHRS meetings every year since this blog was incepted in 2013.
The focus of these conference is always on hair transplants, which are becoming increasingly popular in this age of Zoom and social media. However, most of us readers are more interested in existing non-surgical cutting edge treatments and future treatments.
Interesting Presentations at the 29th ISHRS Conference
Among the most interesting presentations that involve hair regeneration include:
- Dr. Sergio Vañó covering both of Kintor’s hair loss products per his Tweet from today.
- Dr. Paul Kemp of HairClone presenting on hair cloning.
- Dr. Nilofer Farjo covering adipose tissue and hair growth.
- Dr. Ron Shapiro providing us an update on exosomes for hair loss.
- Dr. Anil Garg discussing the use of hair follicle derived stem cells to promote miniaturized hairs to convert to terminal hairs.
- Dr. Salome Vadachkoria presenting on hair follicle stem cell activation with “Polylactic Co Caprolactone based subdermal implants”. For both androgenetic alopecia and alopecia areata.
- Dr. Sharon Keene discussing a case of vitamin D deficiency correction and hair regrowth.
- Dr. Ratchathorn Panchaprateep analyzing fractional lasers and Nd:Yag lasers in stimulating hair growth.
- Two doctors from China presenting on mesotherapy and hair growth. Physicians are increasingly injecting vitamins, minerals, hair loss drugs and more directly into the scalp.