Update: October 18, 2020
— ISHRS Conference 2020: Twitter Account:
Lots of other items of interest in there besides the big three presentations that I outlined earlier.
- Shiseido’s Dr. Jiro Kishimoto’s presentation seems to include results of their earlier clinical study and is titled:
“Autologous Cell-Based Therapy for Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss using Dermal Sheath Cup Cells.”
- Dr. Young Sil Kim from South Korea will make an interesting presentation related to his study on ADSC and hair growth from May 2020.
“The application of the ADSC‐CE topical solution has enormous potential for hair regrowth in patients with AGA.”
A few other presentations entail using fat cells (microfat and nanofat) for hair growth.
- The most unusual title award goes to: “Hair Follicle Stem Cells Activation with Polylactic Co Caprolactone Based Subdermal Implants in Androgenetic Alopecia.” — Dr. Salome Vadachkoria from Georgia.
October 7, 2020
28th ISHRS World Congress
I have covered the annual ISHRS Congress ever since starting this blog in 2013. The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) used to call these annual gatherings “Meetings” rather than “Congresses”.
Note that the biennial World Congress for Hair Research has been postponed till 2022.
The 28th ISHRS World Congress will run from October 17th, 2020 through October 25th, 2020. The ISHRS Instagram has more details. Due to Covid-19, this year’s conference is virtual (online). When I first heard this news, I was not expecting much at all.
However, the unforeseen bonus for us is that the ISHRS is already releasing very good content almost daily on its Youtube channel. In the past, we never got any decent content before the beginning of these meetings. Moreover, videos from the conferences were not even published online after the fact.
For several of the World Congress for Hair Research Events, people even crowdfunded “Scientific Event Horizon” to attend and film some of the sessions. I even donated one time when he went to Asia. I am grateful to him for delivering us the great content and learning how to film while on-site. Also a special thanks to “Hello User“.
Christiano, Plikus and Terskikh
The leading speakers are all well known to blog readers. Especially the 1st and 3rd below.
- Dr. Angela Christiano — “Hair Follicle Bioengineering Producing Human Hair Follicles In Vitro Using 3D Printing Technology”.
- Dr. Maksim Plikus — “Groups of Hair Follicles Regenerating as a Spreading Wave”. See my past post on Dr. Plikus’ and others findings on hair follicle communication across the whole body.
- Dr. Alexey Terskikh — “Hair Regeneration: Using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) derived from dermal papilla cells with a 3D biodegradable scaffold.” I interviewed Dr. Terskikh in 2017 and he promised me another one last year. However, due to pending plans related to Stemson Therapeutics, he delayed the interview. He has not responded to requests this year. Luckily, we still get a chance to hear him tomorrow in a special event.
ISHRS Conference 2020 Announcement: