The Revivogen line of products were developed by California-based board certified dermatologist Dr. Alex Khadavi. The company’s Facebook page and Instagram page have updates on any new sales , discounts, coupons and product releases.
Revivogen Bio-Cleansing Shampoo
The shampoo removes sebum and impurities from the scalp. This creates a healthy environment for stimulating hair growth and preventing hair loss
On Amazon, the Revivogen shampoo has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars as of the time of writing this post. You can also purchase the bio-cleanser and hair thickening conditioner combination package.
Revivogen Scalp Therapy
The Revivogen MD and PRO lines both include the company’s scalp therapy serum products. The product’s reviews on Amazon currently average 4.0 out of 5 stars.
This dermatologist formulated, botanically rich hair serum is a topical, leave-in hair loss solution. It is effective for all hair types and is safe for color-treated hair.
The scalp therapy serum contains natural dihydrotestosterone (DHT) blockers. It is clinically proven to inhibit both type 1 and type 2 5-alpha reductase. This should ultimately reduce hair shedding and thicken existing hair, although results will vary.
How it Works
Note that if you purchase all three products, make sure to first lather and rinse the Nizoral shampoo. Then apply the conditioner. The serum is its own separate treatment. It will require 10 or more sprays in large thinning areas of the scalp. Or just one or two sprays in small balding spots. Make sure to then leave the serum on overnight, or for at least for 3 hours in the daytime.
- Gamma linolenic acid (GLA), alpha linolenic acid (ALA), linoleic acid and oleic acid. All of these are essential fatty acids found in plant oils. These fatty acids have all been proven to inhibit the baldness causing 5-alpha reductase enzyme.
- Saw Palmetto extract, which is a natural dihydrotestosterone (DHT) inhibitor and mild anti-androgen.
- Azelaic acid, vitamin B6 and zinc. The synergistic activity of these three compounds against 5-alpha-reductase is powerful.
- Procyanidin oligomers (Proanthocyanidin). These naturally derived ingredients that have shown to stimulate hair growth similarly to Minoxidil.
- Caffeine, aloe vera, castor oil, grape seed extract and more.
There is also a study that examines Revivogen’s impact on testosterone metabolism. In general, I would still prefer Minoxidil as a first line of topical hair growth treatment.
Make sure to also check Wal Mart for potentially cheaper prices of this popular hair loss product.