I was hoping to make a poll where users rank future hair loss cure related treatments from 1-20 in terms of their most favorite one to least favorite one, but the software did not allow for such a feature.
Cures for Hair Loss Coming Soon
If I ask everyone to just pick their top 1 choice from the below list, a couple of the options will probably dominate way too much. So to keep things interesting, please choose at a bare minimum 3 of the below treatments/companies that you are hopeful will:
- At least be close to release by the end of 2020. For the CRISPR/gene modification option, you can pick it even if you think it will only be realized 10 plus years down the road.
- In their final versions, be at least slightly more effective then the only two currently FDA approved hair loss treatments (Finasteride and Minoxidil).
You can search this blog for any of the below names or acronyms if you are uncertain. Or you can post your questions in the comments to this post.
Which of the below future hair loss cure treatments are you most optimistic about? Pick at least 3.
Update: I had to delete the poll in 2018 due to some plugin issues. The results of the poll are summarized below. I bolded the 4 options (Shiseido, Tsuji, Aclaris and Follica) that received the most votes.
Total responses = 4,778.
- Aclaris Therapeutics (Topical JAK Inhibitors) = 531 (11.1%).
- Allergan (Bimatoprost Topical Prostaglandin Analog ) = 71 (1.5%).
- Allergan (Setipiprant Oral Prostaglandin Antagonist) = 104 (2.2%).
- BiologicsMD (Topical Beta-Catenin Protein Stimulation) = 28 (0.6%).
- Cassiopea (Formerly Cosmo Pharmaceuticals — Breezula Topical Antiandrogen) = 56 (1.2%).
- Chinese Surprise (Somewhere in China Something Secretive is Happening) = 98 (2.1%).
- CRISPR (or Other Gene Modification Based Treatments) = 187 (3.9%).
- Fidia Pharma (Brotzu DGLA Based Lotion) = 226 (4.7%).
- Follica (Skin Disruption Plus Topical Compounds) = 398 (8.3%).
- Follicum (Hair Follicle Stimulation Drug) = 106 (2.2%).
- HairClone (Relatively new Company with Experienced Staff) = 113 (2.4%).
- Histogen (Hair Stimulating Complex Injectable) = 343 (7.2%).
- Kerastem and Others (Adipose Tissue Injection Based Treatments) = 39 (0.8%).
- L’Oreal and Others (3D Printed Implantable Hair) = 199 (4.2%).
- Samumed (Topical Wnt Pathway Modulation) = 169 (3.5%).
- Shiseido/Replicel (Autologous Cell Replication Therapy) = 932 (19.5%).
- Takashi Tsuji/Kyocera/Organ Technologies/RIKEN (Hair Follicle Regeneration) = 715 (15.0%).
- New Age Hair Transplants (Including Potential Donor Hair Regeneration like Dr. Gho Claims, Body Hair Use, PRP Addition, Using Someone Else’s Hair etc…) = 124 (2.6%).
- One Hundred Percent Scalp DHT Inhibition (Better Delivery Topical Dutasteride, Technion University DHT-Inactivating Enzyme, RISUG Male Contraceptive etc…) = 135 (2.8%).
- Others. There are numerous scientists who have made major discoveries related to hair loss in recent years, and many of them aim to start product development asap = 204 (4.3%).